- How Many Websites Use WordPress?
- Some WordPress Usage Statistics – 2023
- What Percentage of Websites Use WordPress?
- What Are the Top 5 Countries for WordPress Use in 2023?
- Is WordPress Losing Popularity?
- How Many Top Million Websites Use WordPress in 2023?
- How Many Websites are Built Each Day?
- Do All Websites Use WordPress?
- Do People Still Use WordPress in 2023?
- Do Big Companies Use WordPress?
- Does Microsoft Use WordPress?
- Does Facebook Use WordPress?
- Does Disney Use WordPress?
- Does BBC America Use WordPress?
- Is CNN a WordPress Site?
WordPress is one of the most popular site development frameworks in the world. Its ease of use and wide range of features make it a popular choice for developers and users alike. In this blog post, we take a look at some WordPress usage statistics to see just how popular it is. Spoiler alert: it’s insanely popular! Keep reading to learn more.
How Many Websites Use WordPress?
This is a difficult question to answer because there is no definitive answer. WordPress is open-source software, which means that anyone can use it for free. There is no central database of all the websites that are powered by WordPress, so we have to rely on estimates from various sources.
One estimate comes from Wappalyzer, a website analysis tool that estimates that WordPress is used by approximately 34% of all websites. This estimate is based on data from over 500 million websites.
Another estimate comes from BuiltWith, a website that tracks technology trends. They estimate that WordPress powers 27% of all websites.
These are just two estimates, but they both show that WordPress is used by a significant portion of all websites. It is safe to say that millions of websites are powered by WordPress.
Some WordPress Usage Statistics – 2023
- From 2011 to 2021, WordPress has grown at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 22.17%.
- In raw numbers, this means that WordPress has added an average of 12.17 million new websites every year for the last decade.
- In 2021, there are an estimated 500 million websites using WordPress. This means that WordPress has a 30% market share of all websites.
- WordPress has grown at a rate of 1-4% each year for the past eight years. Drupal and Joomla, the two CMS behind it, have both shown negative yearly reductions in growth.
- In 2021, an estimated 34% of all websites are powered by WordPress.
What Percentage of Websites Use WordPress?
WordPress is one of the most popular website creation and management tools in the world, and it shows no signs of slowing down.
As of February 2021, W3Techs.com reported that WordPress now powers 40% of the top 10 million websites in the world. Every two minutes, a new website using WordPress says, “Hello world”!
There are a number of reasons for WordPress’s popularity. First, it is free and open-source, meaning that anyone can use it to create a website. Second, it is very user-friendly, even for those with no previous experience in web development. Finally, there is a huge community of developers and users who are always creating new themes, plugins, and customizations for WordPress websites. Whether you’re looking to create a simple blog or a complex e-commerce site, WordPress is a great option.
What Are the Top 5 Countries for WordPress Use in 2023?
WordPress is used all over the world to power millions of websites. But which countries are using WordPress the most? Here are the top five:
- The United States – WordPress is used by nearly 30% of all websites in the United States. This shouldn’t be too surprising, as the US is home to a large number of tech-savvy businesses and individuals.
- The United Kingdom – WordPress usage in the UK has been growing steadily in recent years, and now nearly 20% of all websites in the country are powered by WordPress.
- Canada – Canada is another country with a large number of WordPress users, with an estimated 15% of all websites using the platform.
- Australia – In Australia, WordPress is used by approximately 12% of all websites.
- India – India has the fifth-highest number of WordPress users in the world, with an estimated 11% of all websites using the platform.
As you can see, WordPress is used by a large number of websites all over the world. Whether you’re in the United States or India, there’s a good chance that you’ll come across a WordPress website.
Is WordPress Losing Popularity?
No, WordPress is not losing popularity. In fact, it seems to be gaining popularity every year. WordPress registers 1.1 million new domains every six months, meaning they power over 2 million websites per year.
WordPress market share grows approximately 1-4% each year, making it the fastest growing CMS platform in the world. It has maintained this same consistent market share growth rate since 2011.
How Many Top Million Websites Use WordPress in 2023?
WordPress powers 359,760 of the world’s top 1 million websites, making its market share 17.5 times more than Drupal.
WordPress is used by 29.0% of all the websites using content management systems, this is 26.0% of all websites.
In other words, WordPress currently powers:
– 34% of all websites
– 40% of the top million websites
– 26% of all websites whose content management system we know
These estimates show that WordPress is used by a significant portion of all websites. It is safe to say that millions of websites are powered by WordPress.
How Many Websites are Built Each Day?
WordPress websites are built at a rate of approximately 500,000 per day. This means that every two minutes, a new WordPress website is created somewhere in the world.
This growth is driven by a number of factors, including the growing popularity of WordPress, the ease of use of WordPress, and a large number of available themes and plugins.
With such a high rate of growth, it’s no wonder that WordPress is used by millions of websites.
Do All Websites Use WordPress?
No, not all websites use WordPress. As we mentioned earlier, WordPress is just one of many different content management systems that are available. Some other popular options include Joomla, Drupal, and Shopify. While WordPress is the most popular option, it is by no means the only option. Each website owner or developer can choose which content management system they want to use, based on their specific needs.
Do People Still Use WordPress in 2023?
Yes, people will still be using WordPress in 2023 and beyond. WordPress is a versatile platform that can be used for a wide variety of websites. In addition, the WordPress community is always creating new themes, plugins, and customizations. As long as people want to create and manage websites, WordPress will be there to help them do it.
Do Big Companies Use WordPress?
Yes, big companies do use WordPress. In fact, some of the world’s biggest companies have websites that are powered by WordPress. These companies include Facebook, Google, Sony, and Disney. If WordPress is good enough for these companies, it’s probably good enough for you.
Does Microsoft Use WordPress?
Yes, Microsoft does use WordPress. The company has a number of websites that are powered by the platform, including its main website and its developer blog. In addition, a number of Microsoft employees are actively involved in the WordPress community. Microsoft is just one of many big companies that have realized the benefits of using WordPress.
Does Facebook Use WordPress?
Yes, Facebook uses WordPress for the corporate blog about.fb.com/news/. It lists all the news and updates.
Does Disney Use WordPress?
Yes, Disney uses WordPress for its official website thewaltdisneycompany.com.
Does BBC America Use WordPress?
Yes, BBC America’s website bbcamerica.com is built on WordPress.
Is CNN a WordPress Site?
Yes, CNN hosts its blogs on WordPress for its many on-air personalities and for breaking news.
So, what have we learned? WordPress is still the most popular content management system by a wide margin. More than 60% of websites are built on WordPress and that number is only going to grow. If you’re not using WordPress, now might be the time to consider making the switch. Thanks for reading!